Thursday, July 11, 2013

I am back

It Jerry. I have not posted in a very long time. No real reason. I am certainly still running. So Since my last post in 2010 I have run two marathons-both New York. The last couple of years I have had a series of related injuries that really hampered my running. All related to over use. Hamstring; hip; and Plantars fasciitis. That was the killer. It was not until I finally went for physical therapy that I healed and now I am happy to say I am back running much more then I had been. Of course my job in Morristown didnt help. Its hard to get out of work on time to make my club workouts. However, over the last month or so I have concluded that I just need to do it-for my physical and mental health. So I have been getting to my Club workouts regularly. Every tuesday and thursday evening. PLUS I have been running long on Saturdays and doing a recovery run on Sundays. Seems to be working Tonite we will have our tempo workout with our coach Aiden. He has indicated that he will tonite start a second group who want to do marathon training tempo workouts instead of speed tempo workouts. That makes sense to me as we already do a speed workout on tuesday evenings. I will report back tomorrow hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment